System Application Administrator – Security Cleared (EU/NATO) – English speaker
- Excellent Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
- And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
- Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We are hiring a System Application Administrator for our prestigious partner EEAS in Brussels. The European External Action Service (EEAS) is the EU's diplomatic service. It aims to make EU foreign policy more coherent and effective, thus increasing Europe's global influence
If you like to work in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment, this opportunity can answer to your expectation.
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
At Serco, we do not only offer a career but also the opportunity to join a community where everyone’s wellbeing matters, by living out the Serco values in all we do!
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
As System Application Administrator you will be responsible for:
- Undertake day to day fault finding and second level repairs for an area of infrastructure such that time, cost and specification targets are fully met.
- Able to complete a range of tasks, working mainly without supervision, providing support to more technical aspects of networks including managing SAP infrastructure (controlling databases, capacity, performance, etc.) and managing the data centre environment.
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications
- Administration, maintenance, support of databases.
- Oracle Database 9i or higher.
- Oracle Database 12c Administration a bonus
- Oracle DB Security hardening.
- Certification in Oracle Application Server a bonus.
- Microsoft Virtual Servers and/or VMware.
- Database Management.
- Administration of MS Windows server systems in heterogeneous networks.
- Windows Active Directory.
- MS Cluster administration
- Database Backup and Recovery.
- System Scripting.
- Server Backup and Recovery.
- Alerting and Monitoring.
- Windows Servers security and hardening.
- Higher education in Computer Science or relevant subject.
- Excellent written and Oral English + French language an additional bonus.
- Valid EU SECRET OR NATO Security Clearance is mandatory
- Minimum 3 Years of Experience.
- ITIL Certification - (change management, incident management, configuration management, availability management).
- Understanding of Project Management methodologies, including PRINCE2 and ITIL.
- A Microsoft Certification (MCSA, MCSE, MCDBA, …).