- ING Group
- Brussels, Belgium
Deputy Head of KYC Operations
- ING Group
- ING Group
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A DEPUTY HEAD KYC OPERATIONS:
- Together with the Head of KYC Operations, you are responsible for all KYC Operations of ING Belgium. These operations take place in Belgium, the Philippines, Poland and Slovakia, offering a variety of different operational centers together with the Global ING teams;
- You collaborate closely with the team of Segment Coordinators, the Head of KYC Operations, the Head of KYC Delivery Tribe and the Head of KYC Services, as well as the customer segments, the quality teams and relevant Global teams;
- You set the standards for the KYC Operations area and take responsibility for developing, innovating and safeguarding knowledge to coordinate operations for Know Your Customer;
- You will interpret rules and regulations and manage and support the transformation towards a robust local and global KYC organization by embedding the standardization of processes and operational excellence in a way that it meets both global standards as well as the local regulatory requirements;
- You ensure the execution of change work required to achieve the approved risk appetite and formulated strategy and builds and maintains relationships with authorities. In more practical terms, you build oversight and focus on Time-Driven Review, Event-Driven Review and Onboarding, as well as align with the KYC Delivery colleagues and customer segments on making files data-ready for review;
- You take end-to-end operational responsibility, including data preparation, review teams and exit process. This implies close operational follow-up of the all operational teams in terms of productivity and quality combined with the set-up of strict service management of our offshore activities.
IN NUTSHELL, YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILTIES INCLUDE:
Performance & Service Management
- Performance Management: Ensure both quantitative and qualitative targets are met in the review teams, focusing on levers that can further enhance productivity;
- Service Management: Ensure that the offshored activities are performing in line with target by close follow-up and constant interaction with the local leads;
- Quality Management: ensure that quality levels are met in both onshore and offshore review teams according to RAS and be on the constant look-out for possibilities for quality improvement;
- Drive for results in the end-to-end completion of the review targets by bringing together all involved parties, spot topics that can improve performance, but also engage in solving specific cases where customer experience is at risk;
- Ensure the necessary quantitative and qualitative follow-up of targets.
- Play an active in building strong relationships with the customer segment, the overall KYC organization (Belgium, Group, ING Hubs), FCC/MLRO and various experts.
- Bringing change from concept to reality in terms of process, team set-up, tooling and way of working for your teams;
- Being able to adapt to a changing regulatory environment and changing content requirements by quickly grasping the essence of the change and translate it to the teams in alignment with the KYC experts and your fellow Segment Coordinators;
- Signaling pro-actively areas for improvement and work in close collaboration with Delivery Tribe and KYC Operations colleagues to define implementation steps and drive the change.
HOW TO SUCCEED:
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
As a Deputy Head of KYC Operations you will need:
- A master degree or equivalent by experience;
- Experience in both hierarchical and functional management of teams;
- Strong knowledge of Financial Crime Prevention and willing to further broaden/deepen that knowledge;
- Strong understanding of customer experience, backed by experience in function(s) with customer interaction;
- Collaborative leadership skills;
- Ability to thrive in a hybrid organizational model combining hierarchical steering of the operations in Belgium, with steering of the offshore activities;
- A no-nonsense drive for results, combined with strong interpersonal skills;
- Experience in change implementation.
As a Deputy Head of KYC Operations you will have the opportunity to invest in your personal and professional growth.
You will be at the forefront of an important part of our banking operations in Belgium and become part of an energetic and result-driven team. Within a constantly changing environment, you will make an impact while you are involved in how we build the future of our KYC Operations. As we believe that content knowledge is a key component of our success, we offer a wide variety of training, including external certification, to ensure your continued growth, without of course forgetting about the training on the job. At KYC Operations, we also take your personal development seriously and invest in your personal growth through continuous coaching & feedback.
The Deputy Head of KYC Operations is a member of the leadership team of KYC Operations in Belgium and thus plays a pivotal role in both their own area of responsibility but also contributes actively to the overall performance and change management of KYC Operations. Given the Global focus in KYC, active stakeholder management in both the broad Belgian organization as well as within the Global KYC organization will contribute to your success. In turn, this brings quite good visibility in the ING realm both globally and locally.